[Systems] IPv6 broken on build slaves (bender) again

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Sep 21 04:27:19 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 22:39 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> OK, finally figured it out. libvirt is disabling IPv6 on the virtual
> networks, with no way to to tell it not to. This has been an intentional
> change [1]. Ubuntu has patched around it [2]. There's no warning in the
> NEWS (it's even listed as an improvement).
>
> How do we proceed? Migrate bender to Ubuntu?

Just because Ubuntu still ships an older version of libvirt? This
workarount won't last long...

>  Kill libvirt and use simple shell scripts?

How about adding code to re-enable the bridge in /etc/rc.local, like I
did to configure the IPv6 address?

> Build our own patched version of libvirt for bender?

Also a possibility... If the workaround I suggested above does not work,
I'll create a custom rpm with the patch for #501934 reverted.

> Sascha (who feels like hitting someone with a LART)

:-)