[Systems] sunjammer fails to deliver my sebastian at sugarlabs email

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 28 20:21:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 14:41 -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> Hi!
> Sorry to trouble infrastructure team again!
> I've been happily using sebastian at sugarlabs.org for all things related
> to Sugar Labs. This includes my moderation of the SomosAzucar mailing
> list.
> I have not received moderation emails for a while and now I logged into
> sunjammer, tried to send an email to myself and did not get it.
> (using the mail command).
> This meant I lost (and so did the list) an important email for
> moderation an invite to a Sugar event in Lima.
> This is blocking some of my lists subscriptions and is hindering
> my ability to participate.
> I tried looking at the logs but my user does not have access.
> Please help.

Fixed by adding an alias sebastian at sugarlabs.org in /etc/aliases on
sunjammer, pointing to your account icarito.

>From other locations your alias works because it goes through Google
Apps. This dual mail server setup is overcomplicated and can cause
trouble. I'm starting to ponder the possibility of phasing out Google
Apps, but a lot of people are using it now and migrating them will be
hard.