[Systems] Recycling VMs

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Nov 11 14:51:15 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 12:31:39PM +0100, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Wed Nov 03 16:25:21 +0100 2010:
> > On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 23:09 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
>
> > Well, I've been thinking about it and, while separating builders seems
> > to make perfect sense, in practice it's actually WORSE for us.
>
> If you only look at a single VM, that may be true. But all other VMs
> will be much worse off.
>
> > Another possibility would be running jita and dextrose on different
> > hosts, be we have only two hosts and one of them (treehouse) is already
> > saturated because of ASLO.
>
> Actually we have three hosts and one of them already runs only build
> slave VMs. Is there any reason not to put the Bazaar builders on bender?

We (me and bernie) discussed on IRC that it would be useful to have one
production VM (jita) and one testing/devel VM (bilbo), so we will use
the same settings on both VMs to test services in the same env.

Such bilbo would be good place for builders, not only from testing envs
but for jita as well. The problem w/ bender (if I got it right, it is
hosted by Develer), Bazaar builders are higly depend on repo Bazaar
component becase they fetch all packages from it, so having builders and
repo component should be at the same local network.

--
Aleksey