[Systems] CAS auth for SL sites

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Nov 7 15:24:32 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 18:17 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:

> Thats the problem, in fact I can't find a way when we don't have to ask
> (some) people to do something. I think would be better to make
> migration of all SL sites by one step when we need to ask the same
> people only once and do not mess other by long running migration.

The wiki db is probably the one with the most number of users. It is
very unlikely that someone has a gitorious or aslo account, but not a
wiki account.

However, many wiki accounts look weird when used with UNIX services. My
account, for example, is "Bernie". We have the RenameUser extension:

 http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Special:RenameUser

but it can't do case-only changes. In fact, the wiki forces the first
letter of the username to uppercase.

> The most dificalt part here is ASLO, it needs to be migrated to the new
> AMO at first. I'm palning to make the first usable compilation of
> glucose+bazaar+aslo this sucrose release cycle, and will switch aslo.

Great!