[Systems] New VMs need to be added to nameserver

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Jul 11 19:41:37 EDT 2010

El Thu, 08-07-2010 a las 13:17 -0400, Steven Parrish escribió:
> Hi guys, I got 2 new VMs on bender which need to be added to the
> nameserver.  they are buildslave-fedora-13-32bit and
> buildslave-fedora-13-64bit.

What are the IPv6 addresses of these?

Sascha, are you reading this thread? Some build slaves still ask for a
root password on the console. Since they don't add any security,
shouldn't we clear the root passwords?

Another thing: buildslave4 (sugarlabs4.xen.prgmr.com) is still running
Ubuntu 9.04 (jaunty). Shall we recycle it? Or drop it?

>   I had to clone
> buildserver-fedora-11-64bit to 13 since I could not find the
> fedora-12-64bit image.  Once you get these setup on dns I need someone
> who has admin rights to login to the 13-64bit vm and set me up on that
> VM.  I'm good on the 32bit one since I cloned that one from then
> 12-32bit image.

I dunno what happened to the f12-64bit image.

I have a suggestion, though: to get good coverage, we don't need to fill
the entire grid of architectures and distros. The criteria could be:

 - at least one VM per supported distro version
 - at least one VM per supported architecture

This optimization should save some capacity and sysadmin time.