[Systems] Revert wiki changes

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:10:41 EST 2010

The best way to revert page moves is to do it from the page move log, where
a revert link for each move is created.  FGrose has taken care of this
already.

I've looked at the logs, but unfortunately I am not seeing the sort of log
entry I am used to seeing on wiki.l.o

The entry I'm looking for shows the IP address from which a user logs on.
It is there on wiki.l.o but not on wiki.sl.o

In any event, I will bet dollars-to donuts that this is from one of a series
of IP address ranges in the UK.  This is almost certainly the same vandal
that has made numerous attacks on wiki.l.o .  Several of the IP ranges
mapped back to Sky Broadband, where a whois provided no abuse contact.

In several instances, the IP range mapped back to one of the UK County
council authorities, and I initiated a correspondence (with the knowledge of
OLPC staff) with their sysadmin team.   As is the way of these things, the
vandal quieted down for a while, only to re-emerge later.

My recommendation is to initiate the logging of which IP address is used to
log in on wiki.sl.o.  It must be some MediaWiki option or plug-in.  When you
have that information, you can identify the ISP with whois-by-IP look-up.
At that point, you can either initiate contact with the ISP, or go radical
and institute a range block on that ISP.  Be warned, this particular vandal
has come in from at least 4 different Class C addresses, so you may have to
block a fair number of IP addresses from the UK to be effective.

cjl