[Systems] Fwd: [Marketing] suggestions from a pro

Sebastian Silva sebastian at sugarlabs.org
Thu Apr 15 11:56:17 EDT 2010

(from a thread in Marketing list)

I think this communication strategy is more than just marketing.
Its a way of opening the deployments to further contributors.
If we can make the "twitting" part of the recommended deployment
methodology,
then we will make our efforts more transparent.

We already have a very capable and free twitter-like-and-compatible
social network called http://identi.ca where which many sugar labs members
already use for sharing info. I would recommend checking out the groups
!sugar, !sugarco, and !sugarlabsar and !somosazucar.

I am trying to aggregate these feeds embedding them into a wordpress
instance at somosazucar.org hosted in sunjammer.

It would be cool if more people got interested in the possibilities of this,
which is why I'm copying systems@

In particular, we have thought that an instance of status.net (the free
software behind identi.ca) which is more suited for kids (bigger buttons,
less options) would be *really* great. Also, 140 characters is too
restraining,
I would prefer 280 or 420 so that the output will display in 2 or 3 twitts
on twitter.

A great thing about status.net is that is a descentralized standard,
and it can feed twitter, facebook and others autonomously.

Greetings

Sebastian

2010/4/15 Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>

<rmesquita>: 1. List the social network environments/tools (twitters,
> communities, blogs, widgets, networks) associated with the
> organization or which deserve its respect that are currently operating
> in the social media ecosystem;
> <rmesquita>: 2. Start organizing its strategy for web interactions
> using a social network tool consisting of twitters and their
> 140-character twits, which can carry a link (“global bar table”),
> defining those who represent the organization and its projects;
> <rmesquita>: 3. Establish or formalize the twitters that currently try
> to interact in countries with existing projects, project organization,
> or emerging projects: Uruguay, Peru, Argentina, Brazil, and Rwanda.
> <rmesquita>: 4. Define a way to use Twitter, the social network tool,
> as an object of education, encouraging children who study on the OLPC
> platform to open their own twitters, follow the twitters representing
> the project of their schools, and twitters representing projects of
> other regions or countries, discussing among them the local impact of
> the OLPC project.
> <rmesquita>: This policy of children involvement should be broadly
> encouraged, even in countries that only have pilot projects.
> <rmesquita>: 5. Define a way to use the Twitterfeed tool (a RSS
> connection between different environments of a given individual or
> his/her fans) to promote interaction among the different local
> networks that should emerge from this process, giving priority to the
> dynamic content of Flickr and Youtube. Examples of Friendfeed: a, b
> and c.
> <rmesquita>: 6. Define a strategy for the joint use of the Friendfeed
> social network tool, a free router that helps combine interactions
> coming from different social network tools (twitter, blogs,
> communities, and social network applications such as Facebook, Orkut,
> Peabirus, and others), using RSSs and making this space a reference
> source for the whole process.
> <rmesquita>: If this action plan is carried out, it will create
> dynamics that will be an extension of the platform built on the XO.
> <rmesquita>: That's it
>
> -walter
> --
> Walter Bender