[Systems] Exceeding disk space limits on sunjammer.sugarlabs.org - Is there any way we can move the general interest files like Sugar-Creation-Kit-ver05.iso and ASLO.xo to Downloads on Sunjammer?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Apr 8 08:12:18 EDT 2010

These requests should be sent to sysadmin at sugarlabs.org (see the motd on
sunjammer) or systems at lists.sugarlabs.org (for a wider discussion).

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 03:43 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> Walter;
>
> I am apparently in violation of a quota system on my account on
> sunjammer:http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/
>
> I was not aware of this quota...: /

I could extend your quota if needed, but it seems you've already cleaned
up your files.

> Before I delete some of them , I hope that It will be possible to move
> some of the bigger and more important files to a more logical location
> on sunjammer:
>
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/

I've added you to the soas group.

Files dropped in /upload/soas will show up on all mirrors within a few
hours.

Please, coordinate with the other SoaS maintainers before you alter the
structure of this tree.

> Files of General Interest:
>
> 1-) Sugar-Creation-Kit to (a new subdirectory on
> http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/)?
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Sugar-Creation-Kit-ver05.iso
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/CONTENTS-OF-SugarCreation-Kit-DVD.txt

> 2-)ASLO .xo files to (http://download.sugarlabs.org/activities/)
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLO-xo.tar.gz
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLO.iso
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLO_iso_ReadMe.txt

These shouldn't probably go into the soas hierarchy, and /activities is
already "taken" by aslo's web application.

Perhaps we could create /activity-packs for these things? I'd also
rename the file to something clearer and lowercase, such as
"sugar-activity-pack-2010-04.tar.gz". You may want to provide an
additional xz archive to reduce the download size.

Please, work with alsroot for a generic scheme for releasing these
things, then I'll create the necessary directory structure and grant you
permissions.

> Sugarizing Appliances Directory
> (an archive of files needed for sugarizing (from
> http://www.catmoran.com/olpc/#sugxterm with permission)
> Directory:
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/sugarize/

This I would leave in your public_html, or better in a git repository on
git.sugarlabs.org. At least, until it reaches the level of maturity at
which we have formal releases with source and binary tarballs.

> 3-)Appliances to (http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/appliances/)
>
> Virtualbox-Appliances
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Blueberrycleared.vdi.tar.gz
>
> VmPlayer-Appliances
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/vm/ReadMeFirst.txt
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/vm/sugarVM.zip
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/vm/sugarVM_readme.txt
>
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Blueberry-vmx.tar.gz
> http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Blueberry-vmx.txt
>
> I believe that these are important and should be kept by sugarlabs where
> they can be accessed for download

For these, we could create hierarchy under /images, /appliances or /vm .

It's important to come up with good names for the top-level directories
of our download archives because they can't easily be changed.