[Systems] Documentation on Bender

Sascha Silbe silbe at sugarlabs.org
Sun Sep 13 18:33:16 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 06:09:52PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> Sascha, would you mind updating the documentation on bender to include
> the current setup of the buildslaves and how they were created?
I've documented them during installation [1-4], but didn't add a link to
these pages yet.

>   http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/bender
So bender is "official" now, great! Will try to update the docs within
the next few days.

> * log into the existing buildslaves from the console
>    (did we set have a root password?)
I've set random root passwords and stored them locally (PGP-encrypted).
How do we want to handle that? Root-owned plain text file on bender?

> * get buildslave-fedora-12-64bit to boot (how was it created?)
See [5] - I got stuck somewhere during upgrade due to F12 brokenness.
I'll try to get it running tomorrow; might make sense to just start over
(i.e. delete and clone from F11 again).

[1]
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Infrastructure_Team/VM/Buildslave-debian-squeeze-64bit
[2]