[Systems] [IAEP] ASLO updates

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 15 16:44:26 EDT 2009

I dropped most of the cc list.

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> El Thu, 15-10-2009 a las 07:34 +0000, Aleksey Lim escribió:
>> We just tried to utilize AMO feature when it lets user download
>> public .xos from mirror sources and from files/ for other cases.
>> Recently all .xo were downloaded from files/(even after creating symlink
>> in /upload to files/).. and it was done from several attempts.
>
> Hmm... I'm not sure Mirrorbrain would still work if you symlink away
> from the /srv/upload directory where it is active.
>
> To check, use wget on one of the URLs: you should see a 302 redirect
> before the download starts.

I am working on a plan for cleaning up dl.sl.o.  I'll try to have it
ready by tomorrow.

> Btw, we should start to get psychologically ready to move aslo to
> beamrider in the future or, better, cluster it on both machines.

Do you have a plan or time line for how you want to split them up?

Other clean ups I would like to start working on are moving:
1. *-testing and *-devel to a VM on treehouse to get them off of the
production machine.
2. developer accounts to a VM on treehouse to get them off of the
production machine.

>> > We could save time by coalescing steps (1) and (2): all we need to do is
>> > enabling a post-commit hook in the repositories that would send patches
>> > to systems-logs@ . We need to be extra careful not to expose passwords
>> > in this way. Any volunteers to write and test this procedure?
>>
>> Well, we don't need such ASLO specific administration 24x7, most of time
>> it could be just regular file-permissions/apache/etc administration.
>
> Ok. For now we'll limit it to /etc only.

david