[Systems] Backup (was: Re: nfs on sunjammer)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Mon Nov 30 14:34:03 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 02:04:00PM -0500, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> VERY IMPORTANT: we must make absolutely sure we do not backup the nfs
> shares on the clients. Our system-full-backup script should probably
> be
> calling duplicity with --exclude-other-filesystems, but this is
> dangerous for machines which happen to have multiple local filesystems
> (like sunjammer).
Can't either duplicity or system-full-backup exclude network
filesystems? I can't think of any situation where any of our hosts
should include those in the backups (the file server itself is / should
be running a backup as well).
For rsync'ed directories we'd still need manual exclusion, of course.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/