[Systems] How to add/remove mirrors?

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Nov 13 22:03:54 EST 2009

Just curious why you want to pull solarsail out of the rotation?  But,
I agree that even though we don't have direct control over any other
mirror machines, I feel secure that mirrors.ibiblio, mirrors.mit, and
mirror.rit will not all go down at the same time.

We do need to stay on top of soas and marketing to ensure that we are
keeping an eye on the infrastructure during the events around the soas
release.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> David,
>
> after discussing with Ivan, I'd like to take solarsail off our
> mirrorlist. How is that done?

Information about working with mirrors is at
http://mirrorbrain.org/docs/mirrors/  ....

Short answer is to log on to sunjammer.

Commands for working with mirror brain are
mb .....

'mb list'                         will give you a list of known mirrors.
'mb edit download2'     will let you edit a mirror

--just change the status of enabled : from True to False.

(I am hoping the you or Ivan will do this this to eliminate me as a
bottle neck.)

> Could you add a page with some documentation and link it here?
>
>  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Infrastructure_Team/Resources
>

> BTW, it might make sense to fold all those procedures into their own
> subdir, much like the Machine/ subdir we're already using. What do you
> think? Should it be "Procedure/foo" or rather
> "Infrastructure Team/Procedure/foo"?

Ok, I'll try to sort out some instructions.

david