[Systems] solarsail: http down

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Sat Mar 14 18:37:36 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:14:44PM +0100, Ivan Krsti? wrote:

> We had about 20 minutes of downtime due to a runaway mysql process
> pinning 100% of all 8 cores.
Both dev.sugarlabs.org and wiki.sugarlabs.org were down for over an
hour. So the 100% CPU usage might be just a secondary effect (probably a
bug on it's own, but perhaps triggered by the first one). Can't say
anything for sure, obviously. Especially since I've never used mysql
much (switched to postgresql once I dealt with large amounts of data).

> (The static  website remained unaffected.)
Well, somewhat - it took a rather long time to load (at least radian.org
- didn't try www.sugarlabs.org). Don't remember whether I've tested
within the last 20 minutes or before, though.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/