[Systems] solarsail: http down

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 14 18:14:44 EDT 2009

On Mar 14, 2009, at 10:20 PM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> Don't know if someone's already working on it, posting here just to
> make sure. solarsail is reacting to pings and ssh seems to work as
> well (as far as I can test without an account), but http and https
> give timeouts (i.e. {dev,wiki,}.sugarlabs.org are down).

We had about 20 minutes of downtime due to a runaway mysql process
pinning 100% of all 8 cores. The process was automatically terminated
after 20 minutes by a watchdog, but this isn't ideal; I'm open to
suggestions on better monitoring and automatic response. (The static
website remained unaffected.)

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org