[Systems] mysql access from aslo-proxy to sunjammer

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Dec 16 01:42:58 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 06:37 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 05:35:34PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Could someone who has root access to sunjammer's mysql, let
>> aslo-proxy db loggin. I guess it was broken when aslo-proxy's
>> IP was changed.
>
> we don't have ASLO stats for 4 days because of faild mysql loging from
> aslo-proxy to sunjammer.

Ouch, I had not noticed your message before!

I always check private email and IRC with higher priority, and skim
through mailing-lists only when I have more free time. If you need
something done urgently from me, you should bug me personally. Multiple
times, if needed.

The problem was that MySQL on sunjammer would resolve 18.85.44.121 to
diabetes-4.media.mit.edu rather than aslo-proxy.sugarlabs.org. I fixed
it by adding:

  GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE on activities.*
    TO 'activities'@'diabetes-4.media.mit.edu'
    IDENTIFIED BY ***censored***

I think you should get MySQL's root password on sunjammer because you
often need to manipulate the database. Poke me on IRC.