[Systems] mysql access from aslo-proxy to sunjammer

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Wed Dec 16 04:27:29 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 01:42:58AM -0500, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 06:37 +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 05:35:34PM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Could someone who has root access to sunjammer's mysql, let
> >> aslo-proxy db loggin. I guess it was broken when aslo-proxy's
> >> IP was changed.
> >
> > we don't have ASLO stats for 4 days because of faild mysql loging from
> > aslo-proxy to sunjammer.
>
> Ouch, I had not noticed your message before!
>
> I always check private email and IRC with higher priority, and skim
> through mailing-lists only when I have more free time. If you need
> something done urgently from me, you should bug me personally. Multiple
> times, if needed.
>
> The problem was that MySQL on sunjammer would resolve 18.85.44.121 to
> diabetes-4.media.mit.edu rather than aslo-proxy.sugarlabs.org. I fixed
> it by adding:
>
>   GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE on activities.*
>     TO 'activities'@'diabetes-4.media.mit.edu'
>     IDENTIFIED BY ***censored***
>
> I think you should get MySQL's root password on sunjammer because you
> often need to manipulate the database. Poke me on IRC.

After aslo-proxy gained sql assess I've just encountered
that apache logs on aslo-proxy are

    127.0.0.1 - - [*] "GET /(/server_list|/storedir|/counters)

So, DNS records for activities.sl.o were switched to sunjummer?
Would be good to see announce posts to systems@ about such changes
(activities logs were switched off on sunjummer)

--
Aleksey