[Systems] Clustering Remora

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Sat Aug 29 06:36:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 02:13:45AM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> I guess the first step would be selecting and customizing a base OS
> image that we could unpack to quickly create new VMs.  iirc, Sascha
> had
> done it already on bender.
Because all the buildslaves are running different distributions I have
not made a template VM yet.
If we do, we should consider setting up some infra software (puppet,
bcfg2, cfengine, whatever). I haven't done so yet because the effort
would have outweighed the benefit for the buildslaves.
The FSF seems to be using bcfg2, so it might make sense to derive our
installation from that. Bernie, what do you think?

> Whenever there's no compelling reason to prefer a particular Linux
> distro, we could keep installing Ubuntu 64bit on our VMs for
> consistency
> with Sunjammer and Solarsail.
LTS or "regular" releases? I.e. do we need the latest features (and
breakages)?

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/