[Systems] [IT] Bandwidth usage on bender

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Aug 4 18:03:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 22:29 +0200, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> bender:~# tc qdisc add dev sixxs handle ffff: ingress
> bender:~# tc filter add dev sixxs parent ffff: protocol ipv6 prio 50 u32
> match u8 0 0 police rate 512kbit burst 10k drop flowid :1
>
> This should take us to the safe side so we can investigate calmly what
> is causing the traffic.

Added the same rules on Sunjammer, which is our other major endpoint.

Actually, I should have made the tc rule on Sunjammer match bender's
IPv6 subnet to avoid slowing down traffic for other destinations.

> BTW: Is there any HTTP proxy we could/should use? I image at least some
> of the distros running on our VMs are used by Develer as well, so
> sharing a proxy would reduce the (internet) traffic for updates.

For generic HTTP traffic, you can use http://proxy.trilan:3128 .
Ubuntu machines should go through an apt-cacher daemon at
http://aptcache.trilan:3142 .