[Systems] [IT] Bandwidth usage on bender

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Tue Aug 4 06:39:59 EDT 2009

On 8/4/2009 11:29 AM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 10:40:23AM +0200, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
>> However, our IPv6 traffic is being encapsulated inside an AYIYA tunnel,
>> which looks like UDP packates to the Develer gateway.
> How about using traffic shaping directly on bender? Or setting TOS so
> the gateways can prioritize better?

The problem is on the other side. From Develer's point of view, the
*incoming* traffic saturates our download bandwidth, and it's unshapable
for us; the only thing we can try is to drop random ayiyay packets when
its bandwidth usage is above certain thresholds, but we're unsure that
this will help: it helps with TCP because of flow control, but will it
work for ayiya?
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.