[Systems] Email migration to gmail completed

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Oct 16 09:35:23 EDT 2008

Formally, emails addresses are part of membership.   The membership discussion is blocked pending pending advice from SFC on the Individual Contributor Agreement.
Until the membership issue is settled, the discretion of the ED sounds reasonable.
Do we have anyone that would be good to handle the actual account processing.  As long as you and Bernie have admin rights we should find some one to handle the day to day account management.  Both your and Bernie's time is too valuable.

david

On  10/16/2008, 07:50, Walter Bender (walter.bender at gmail.com) wrote:So what is the procedure for handing out sugarlabs.org email accounts?  -walter  On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Bernie Innocenti  wrote: > Ciao, > > all mail traffic for the sugarlabs.org domain should now route through our > Google Apps account.  Our MX records may have been cached by external name > servers, and will update within a day or two.  The lists.sugarlabs.org > domain is totally unaffected by this change. > > The only people with a local GMail accounts are me and dfarning. We'll > create additional accounts as needed, but what most users will want is a > simple forwarding rule to their existing personal email account. > > Google will forward unknown aliases back to Solarsail, so I don't expect any > change in service for existing users and administrative aliases.  Google > Apps accounts and aliases will of course shadow those on Solarsail. > > I'll be travelling to Brescia later this evening, but
I'll check my email in > the evening in case someone has trouble with the new setup. > > -- >   \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/ >  _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/ >  \|_O_|  "It's an education project, not a laptop project!" >    --  Walter Bender Sugar Labs http://www.sugarlabs.org