[Systems] Email migration to gmail completed

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Oct 16 08:47:51 EDT 2008

Ciao,

all mail traffic for the sugarlabs.org domain should now route through
our Google Apps account.  Our MX records may have been cached by
external name servers, and will update within a day or two.  The
lists.sugarlabs.org domain is totally unaffected by this change.

The only people with a local GMail accounts are me and dfarning.
We'll create additional accounts as needed, but what most users will
want is a simple forwarding rule to their existing personal email account.

Google will forward unknown aliases back to Solarsail, so I don't
expect any change in service for existing users and administrative
aliases.  Google Apps accounts and aliases will of course shadow those
on Solarsail.

I'll be travelling to Brescia later this evening, but I'll check my
email in the evening in case someone has trouble with the new setup.

--
    \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
   _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/