[Systems] Gmail Domain

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Oct 14 06:53:01 EDT 2008

[cc += systems]

David Farning wrote:
> Could either of you follow steps[1] 1 - 3 so we can setup gmail domains
> for sugarlabs.org <http://sugarlabs.org>
>
> thanks
> david
>
> 1. https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/sugarlabs.org/Setup?htmlinstruction=1

Ok the domain is now verified.

Now, I've had a closer look to the service options and it seems
there's no way to use the service other than pointing our MX records
at Google; an all or nothing option.

At this time, we do have a dozen of forwarding email accounts and
another dozen of administrative aliases for our domain.  Most people
will already have a personal email account somewhere and will just
want their Sugarlabs mail forwarded there.  There doesn't even seem to
be a way to reuse existing Gmail accounts.

Each user could individually configure forwarding in their Gmail
preferences, but that's somewhat annoying.

How about forwarding foo at sugarlabs.org to the temporary email account
foo at sugarlabs.org.test-google-a.com?  This would let us individually
create real email accounts only for those who need them.

--
    \___/  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
   _| X |  Sugar Labs Team  - http://www.sugarlabs.org/