[Systems] pgrmr machines

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Nov 27 10:07:31 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> David Farning wrote:
>>> I'm on it.
>>>

>> Is that something you can do yourself? Do you need to talk to Luke?
>
> I just merged the .rpmnew files and updated packages to the latest
> version.  Now it's a reasonably clean F10 installation.

Hey Bernie,

Very nice! thanks!

If you get a change, would you mind trying to revive the API
documentation services on Sugar Labs1 ? (setting them up in a sane
manner)

The API documentation is generate by the script
/home/dfarning/generate_apis.sh .

The basic process is:
run jhbuild to create a uptodate install.
run pydocweb against the install tree - serve pydocweb via apache.
run epydoc against the install tree - serve epydoc via apache.

Should I file a request in tracker? I looks like you are working on a
lot of stuff right now!

david

>> After Thanksgiving, I'll Introduce you to him.  Or sooner if you need his help:)
>
> Wait, I had assumed you were talking about Luke Faraone...

This is Luke Crawford.  He runs a xen consulting firm in the
California.  A few months ago he wrote a book on Xen hosting.  I think
the Xen hosting business was just a side business that grew:)

He is setting up two new servers this weekend and trying to build a
working ubuntu 8.10 image for us.

The reliably issues with his machines is not that his service is
necessarily bad.  It is that he is using our machines to test his
latest images which he then offers to his paying customers.

david