[Systems] Sugarlabs machines at prgmr.com

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Mon Dec 8 14:34:01 EST 2008

Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> writes:

> We're looking for a place to host a schoolserver for our developers,
> which is just a customized Fedora 9 running a few services, including
> ejabberd: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/School_server.
>
> Maybe we could use sugarlabs3 for it?  But I'm unsure how to
> restart/manage these machines when they are down.

sugarlabs3, I think, is FC9-32

> Luke, are you on IRC or Jabber? (and what is your contact info?)

Jabber id is prgmrcom at gmail.com  (honestly I don't know much 'bout jabber...
is the google talk thing tied into the rest of the network?  I was going to
setup a prgmr.com jabber server but it hasn't happened, and figuring that out
is pretty far down the priority list, so unless nick is really interested,
it's not happening.)

I've been talking about making a #prgmr.com channel somewhere, but again,
not high on the priority list.

also, I'm on AIM and YIM, on both on my cellphone (even when I'm at the
dayjob, though my responces are kinda slow) prgmrcom is the username on
both.

Last weekend was unexpectedly busy.   Chris (my partner on the book project)
made an unexpected visit from LA, and roped me into helping him move out of his
old place down here. (manual labor is... manual.)  we only got a tiny bit
of book work done.

There was talk of a HVM domain the other day... but I in no way have
time to setup a image...   the standard prgmr.com image format is
just a tarball (made, of course, while the filesystem was mounted read-only)
so if you have a tarball of a system you want we can work out a way for you
to upload it.

(we really need a standard/easy way to do that)