[Systems] Sugarlabs machines at prgmr.com

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Dec 9 03:29:41 EST 2008

[cc += langhoff]

Luke S Crawford wrote:
>> Maybe we could use sugarlabs3 for it?  But I'm unsure how to
>> restart/manage these machines when they are down.
>
> sugarlabs3, I think, is FC9-32

Marco, do we need this as a buildbot slave?

>> Luke, are you on IRC or Jabber? (and what is your contact info?)
>
> Jabber id is prgmrcom at gmail.com  (honestly I don't know much 'bout jabber...
> is the google talk thing tied into the rest of the network?

Yeah, Jabber is fully distributed.

> I was going to
> setup a prgmr.com jabber server but it hasn't happened, and figuring that out
> is pretty far down the priority list, so unless nick is really interested,
> it's not happening.)

Let me know if you want someone to help on this.  I've set up jabberd2
with ldap users for my former company, and other people within Sugar
Labs have experience with ejabberd instead.

> I've been talking about making a #prgmr.com channel somewhere, but again,
> not high on the priority list.

That would be mostly useful. I can help register the channel with
ChanServ if needed.

> Last weekend was unexpectedly busy.   Chris (my partner on the book project)
> made an unexpected visit from LA, and roped me into helping him move out of his
> old place down here. (manual labor is... manual.)  we only got a tiny bit
> of book work done.

heh ;-)

> There was talk of a HVM domain the other day... but I in no way have
> time to setup a image...   the standard prgmr.com image format is
> just a tarball (made, of course, while the filesystem was mounted read-only)
> so if you have a tarball of a system you want we can work out a way for you
> to upload it.
>
> (we really need a standard/easy way to do that)

Ok I might prepare it, or, better, ask the school server architect if
he can provide a tarball.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/