[Systems] Local Sugar Labs

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 2 12:17:04 EST 2008

On Dec 2, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> The Wikipedia seems to be doing that.  Let's ask some Mediawiki
> experts on IRC.

Wikipedia subdomains (country wikis) are _actually_ separate wikis.
They just use a single codebase on Wikimedia servers, and detect which
individual wiki to load based on the subdomain in the HTTP request. In
other words, this isn't really what we want, although it's a
possibility to set things up that way if we're OK with the increased
complexity. I think it comes down to how badly the local Labs want
translated MediaWiki sidebars.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org