[sugar-sur] [IAEP] Sugar Labs Finance Committee [Was Re: [SLOBS] Motion: To appoint Volunteer Laura Vargas as Sugar Labs Financial Manager [was Re: URGENT action needed]]

James Cameron quozl en laptop.org
Lun Sep 11 17:52:16 EDT 2017

Also a Treasurer, "an ex officio, nonvoting officer taking care of
Sugar Labs' Finance.  Currently, this position is vacant." last edited
in 2011,

Referenced from
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board#Additional_roles_within_Sugar_Labs

Shows how infrequently the Wiki is reviewed.

Your statement of purpose is highly restricted in that it only covers
preparation of financial reports, so can't really be given the public
term "Finance Manager" or "Treasurer".  These public terms have a much
wider definition that includes management of finances.

On the other hand, agreed motion 2017-13 clearly defines the new term
"Sugar Labs Financial Manager" without including management of
finances ... so my response has ended up being a criticism of the
agreed motion wording.  ;-)

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/