[Sugar-devel] Proposal for Flatpak port project

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 09:38:37 EDT 2024

Hi !

Thanks for sharing your proposal, I have read through it.

My recommendation is that you reconsider the activities you selected.
Especially those that require ports to Python 3 and GTK 3.

The reason is simple; porting these activities to Python 3 and GTK 3 is a
whole project in itself. Note that porting activities to Python 3 and GTK 3
requires more than just writing the code, e.g., testing, reviews, releases,
etc. That would take a significantly longer time (than a week, as per the
proposal) for a large activity such as TamTam.

Plus, you have to account for the time required to port these to Flatpak.

So, try to find activities that are already ported to Python 3 and GTK 3
and then analyze the project complexity to come up with a schedule that
would fit in the GSoC duration.

Regards,
Martín.