[Sugar-devel] Proposal for Adding AI chatbot in Chat Activity (GSoC 2024)

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiam at sugarlabs.org
Wed Mar 20 08:39:15 EDT 2024

You've not stated if you a proposal review, but I'm guessing that's why you
shared it and I have some comments;

You've said you'll add support for voice chat using speech recognition -
this isn't a tool - and pyttsx3, we have
Speech Manager
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/blob/master/src/sugar3/speech.py>
in the sugar-toolkit-gtk3, maybe look at how you can leverage that and
improve it if necessary.

You've mentioned using SQLite for a local database, Sugar uses
sugar-datastore
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/blob/master/src/sugar3/datastore/datastore.py>
to store any data an activity needs
to store, you should look at using it.

You've also said you'll be designing a UI, but haven't shared any ideas you
have and it'll be great if you shared any.

You've mentioned abstracting away adding extra prompts to make answers
simpler for kids, but you've not mentioned
anything about how you intend to achieve this abstraction.

Hope this helps!

--

Ibiam Chihurumnaya
ibiam at sugarlabs.org