[Sugar-devel] Summary of 08.08 meeting with mentors

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Aug 12 12:16:15 EDT 2023

On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 04:33:00PM +0200, Dimitris20Cen wrote:
> Text Dungeon:
>
> -   Licensing concerns:
>
> -   As text dungeon is an existing activity, its licensing process is
> intricate.

Actually, the license is correctly defined as GPLv2+ in the metadata, the COPYING file is properly present, and two of the three Python source files have the correct license declaration with valid copyrights.  There's no problem with licensing of the existing activity, as at f7f53e2 ("Deanglify links to help.sugarlabs.org") on the master branch.

> -   Apart from licensing issues, the project is ready for release, if no other issues come up.

What you are referring to here is your wholesale replacement for the activity, which is in the pull request yet to be merged.

I'd like wider consultation on this.  Would other developers please review the pull request and comments and give their opinion?  The key issue is that the entire source code is removed and replaced; which we would normally handle by adding a new activity repository with the new source code, with a new activity name.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/textdungeon/pull/14

Also, the existing issues have not been specifically addressed; presumably they are all fixed?