[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2021 Ideas

Jui Pradhan juipradhan2k at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 03:55:56 EST 2021

Hi,
We are yet to add Ideas-2021.md file.

- Given a change in the number of hours this year, any suggestions on
changes to last year's projects are welcome.

- It would be great if people who are familiar with recent work on
Sugarizer and Music Blocks could speak about the relevance of last year's
project ideas.

- My opinion on last year's projects for Sugar (accepted projects for GSoC
2020) :
`Improve and maintain Sugar Activities` is still relevant however the
number of activities can be reduced to 15 (we can discuss the number)
`Port Sugar and core activities to Python 3` I think this is still relevant
and does not require changes to last year's project.
`Debian advocacy for Sugar` we should definitely keep this as long as there
is someone willing to mentor.

Thanks

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 1:21 PM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> We need ideas for GSoC this year.  Let's get started.
>
> Change from last year; projects are 175 hours rather than 350 hours.
>
> Use ideas from previous years, or make new ideas.
>
> Make a new Ideas-2021.md file in our repository
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC using a pull request.
>
> File README.md also needs a few changes.  You can read the commit
> history of changes to the file to see what changed last year.
>
> Applications by organisations are from 29th January to 19th February.
>
> Organisation administrators this year are Jui, Perrie and Lionel.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> https://quozl.linux.org.au/

Jui Pradhan