[Sugar-devel] State of Sugar?

Bastien bzg at bzg.fr
Mon Nov 2 05:09:50 EST 2020

Hi Charlie,

C. Cossé <ccosse at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I'm familiar, but I was talking in the context of ways to help
> Sugar/Sugarizer platforms, not for me personally.  I just used myself
> as an example.  Where there is one, there are usually more ...

One possible way is for Sugar Labs to join https://opencollective.com,
call for sponsors and start a conversation on how to "spend" the money.

But I would not recommend going into that direction blindly, it surely
requires a lot of work to do it well, in terms of governance.

If you are interested in Open Source sustainability issues, there is
https://sustainoss.org and also a list of articles I maintain here:

https://bzg.github.io/opensource-challenges/

As you can see, this is quite a complex issue, I doubt any simple
solution can do.

--
 Bastien