[Sugar-devel] Community Bonding Period: Scale Degree Design Proposal

Aviral Gangwar aviralgangwar24 at gmail.com
Sun May 31 12:40:29 EDT 2020

Hello all

This is a good time for an update since the Community Bonding Period is at
an end.

During community bonding, I had regular meetings with my mentor Devin,
Walter, and the rest of the MB team. We made some significant process,
found some new issues, and subsequently worked on a fix.
We fixed octave calculation, sharp and flat preferences for Lilypond
Output, and finally the initial work of my proposal; renaming the old scale
degree block to nth modal pitch and following changes to its functionality.
[zero based indexing]
This work can be audited in PRs: #2275
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/pull/2275>, #2284
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/pull/2284>, and #2286
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/pull/2286> respectively.

- Besides this, I've had a few intensive design discussions with Devin
regarding issue #1957 <https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/issues/1957>
which has appeared as a bottleneck at times.

- I've also started work on the crux of my proposal: the addition of a new
scale degree block and implemented some basic functionality.

In the upcoming week, I've planned on devising a basic solution for #1957
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/issues/1957> which would solve
much of the problem and proceed with work on scale degree block. [For
technicalities of that, one can visit #2058
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/musicblocks/issues/2058>]

Thanks
*Aviral*