[Sugar-devel] Porting sugar activity to sugarizer

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 12 16:25:55 EDT 2020

Sorry, no, I can't.  I don't understand it fully myself, and I've a
lack of time.  My focus is on the reverse; to bring Sugarizer
activities back into Sugar.

In general, you should spend the time to decompose and document the
algorithm using your own understanding of Python source code.  The
documentation you make may not be needed by anyone else other than
you, but if you do publish it then I'd like to host it in the Implode
repository for future use in diagnosing any problems.

In terms of sizing this effort, I'd expect a programmer to be able to
reverse engineer Python code at a rate of between one and ten lines of
code a minute, depending on the breadth of their experience.  If
you're not up to that, then either find someone else to do it
(i.e. not me), or take some other task.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 06:07:45PM +0530, Abhishek Tanwar wrote:
> I have been trying to understand the game but it is quite tough .If you could
> provide me with some logic,algorithm and references used ,it would be helpful
> to understand the code.
> Thank You
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 9:07 AM James Cameron <[1]quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>     The board is not random in the beginning.
>
>     When creating a game to play Implode starts with an empty board state
>     and injects transformations to confuse that state.  The type of
>     transformations are the exact inverse of those the player requests in
>     a winning move sequence.
>
>     The code is in boardgen.py
>
>     The Maze game has a reversible algorithm too.
>
>     On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 08:55:49AM +0530, Abhishek Tanwar wrote:
>     > I am porting Implode activity to sugarizer . I read the code a few times
>     and I
>     > partially understood its working . One thing that I am not able to
>     understand
>     > is the logic that the game always have an answer despite of random board
>     > formation in the beginning .
>     > Is it that the initial state of board is designed according to last state
>     and
>     > the game is played in a reverse order such that there exist no state in
>     which
>     > there is no next move to make?
>     >

>     > Sugar-devel mailing list