[Sugar-devel] Fedora rawhide (to be 32) Sugar 0.116 traceback

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Feb 7 00:35:08 EST 2020

G'day Alex,

Thanks for testing 0.116.

I'm pretty sure you mean shell.log not sugar.log?

Yes.  Just one.  Number 2 and 4 in your list were fixed in
sugar-toolkit-gtk3 by 2018c930 ("Fix sugar-install-bundle") with
39b12bbf ("Fix sugar-install-bundle - Python 2").

You probably weren't installing activity bundles, but it was happening
automatically.  The default build of Sugar is configured to use the
aslo.AsloUpdater update backend to iterate through installed
activities and download updates; regardless of what you have
preinstalled from Fedora.  This happens in the background once Sugar
is connected to the internet.  It serves to invalidate any activity
testing you do, because you can't easily tell what source code has
been run.

I've got this disabled in my builds for OLPC OS, because I don't want
Sugar to automatically upgrade using that source of bundles.  It meant
I hadn't noticed that it wasn't working, and apparently nobody else
did since the 0.116 release in September.

The rest of the tracebacks look like new problems from the Port to
Python 3; which hasn't undergone more than cursorary testing.  Lowest
code quality we've had for about ten years, I reckon.

The DuplicateOptionError is a mystery though.  I can't see how that
could have happened  You might check the contents of the referenced
activity.info files and compare them against the activity bundle and
source repository.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/