[Sugar-devel] Initial Release: Sugar packages 0.116 for Arch Linux

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Feb 6 15:50:29 EST 2020

Please, help to progress #896 and #882.  You have Arch, and so you can
iterate through changing and testing.  I've suggested what needs to
change, but I don't use Arch or Fedora, so won't test.

Summarising #882 and #111, the change I've suggested is to each use of
empy; there are eight uses in module sugar-artwork, and two uses in
module sugar.

Change is from this syntax form;

	$(PYTHON) - [options] FILE > OUTPUT < $(EMPY)

to this syntax form;

	$(PYTHON) -m em - [options] FILE > OUTPUT

Files to change can be found with "git grep EMPY".

I've tested this change works with Debian and Ubuntu, but will test
again when I see a pull request.

Purpose of the change is to use Python to locate the Empy module.

So the configure.ac discovery of the Empy path can be removed.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/