[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Port to Python 3, GSoC 2019, Private Mentor Student Discussion

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat May 11 06:18:48 EDT 2019

You may use whatever development environment you are comfortable with.

Most of us developing Sugar itself, counted by commit history, use
Ubuntu, so that's the best one to use because we can answer questions
about it.  I suggest Ubuntu 18.04.

But don't be afraid to change your mind.  For your particular project,
porting to Python 3, you might expect to create and destroy several
virtual machine environments a week during coding phase.

You'll be working with the HEAD of the Sugar repositories, so the
Sugar version is 0.113, which is the current version.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/