[Sugar-devel] RPi Project for GSoC 2019

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jan 18 02:19:34 EST 2019

Thanks, but what's wrong with Fedora SoaS on RPi?  It seems to work
fine.  For GSoC 2017, we wanted an image because we didn't have one,
but the situation changed.  I don't think we should make something we
already have.

Adding a Raspberry Pi plugin to Turtle Blocks isn't a large enough
task to be a GSoC project.  Remember the size; three months work.

A simple Raspberry Pi GPIO exerciser activity could be a week's work.

If you think it is a good idea, get started now!

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 09:12:16PM +0530, Aman Sharma wrote:
> Hello
>
> As a part of GSoC 2019 we are looking forward to increase the scope of our
> previous Sugar on RPi image which was initially developed during GSoC 2017. It
> is suggested by Mr.Walter Bender that we should include the following goals for
> the project:
>
> 1) Turtle Blocks access to RPi sensors / devices.
> 2) Long term support plan.
> 3) Methodical Testing Plan
>
> Before adding this project to the idea list I am looking forward to have some
> more suggestions from the community regarding the activities that can leverage
> sensors or other devices that could be paired with the RPi to enhance user
> experience.
> Kindly provide your suggestions regarding the same.
>
> Thank you
> Aman Sharma

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/