[Sugar-devel] sugar-toolkit-gtk3 installation

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Dec 19 14:22:58 EST 2019

Thanks for letting us know.

What you describe doesn't match any problem I've seen with Ubuntu
18.04.  You will have to diagnose the cause further.

For example, if "python2 -c 'import sugar3'" does not work, and yet
python-sugar3 package is installed, there must be something wrong with
the installation of python or something wrong with the python-sugar3
package.

Concentrate on why "import sugar3" does not work.  Until it works,
there is no way for Sugar to run, and no need to test the same.

If you'd like to try a customised Ubuntu 18.04 with Sugar already
installed, see OLPC OS 13.2.10,
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/18.04.0

--
James Cameron