[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2019; Selection of Mentors and Projects

Jaskirat Singh juskirat2000 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 10:40:31 EDT 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your opinion. We have been participating since last 9 years, I
guess in GSOC and other related programs and Walter has been doing great
job controlling the projects, students and mentors.
I think this Google also don't segregate about "Coding Mentors" and
"Assistant Mentors" what we have done. I agree with walter that every
project has different aspects and need various role people like Designer,
Tester, Coder, etc.
If google doesn't do then I think we too should not imply these thing,
that's embarrassing for the people who don't code but are doing great job
by putting their efforts in various other fields like testing, designing.
And if you think that Sugarlabs has suppose 10 projects and 2-3 people can
handle all those projects by mentoring then I think they should be good to
go and 2-3 people can mentor all projects why other volunteers needed.
("for which google does allows only 1 project per mentor")

I don't know in what way we are trying to shape the things. Community has
changed from last year GSOC Hope to see community getting back to the
previous roles.

Thanks