[Sugar-devel] GSoC Proposal for "New Sugar Activity"

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Wed Apr 3 21:55:27 EDT 2019

It appears that you are making one activity out of two. It might be
easier to construct two separate Sugar activities.

The second activity seems to depend on internet access. Perhaps
two-thirds of our users have limited or no access to the internet.

Perhaps it is possible to construct the activity to access data
alternatively from a usb drive (Storage on an XO laptop is very limited).

Keep in mind that our users do not speak English as a native language
and are certainly not familiar with Latin. The Latin names are fair
since they are equally unfamiiar to everyone. However, these names
identify a set of objects with similar characteristics. Call it a canine
or a dog, it is still referring to a four-legged mammal, etc. However,
the characteristics of many phyla are not familiar to the average user.

Consider in making your activities how understandable any text used will
be. Users who encounter problems, hit the stop button. The mantra is
'low floor, high ceiling'.

Tony