[Sugar-devel] Seeking guidance to start contributing to Sugar Labs

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 21 15:33:01 EST 2018

Yes, there are multiple IRC activities.  Two that I know of are IRC
and Polari.  Both may need changes to adapt to recent policy changes
in IRC that require registration by e-mail.  Polari activity needs
updating with the fixes from the upstream Polari project.  It may be a
big job.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/irc-activity
https://github.com/sugarlabs/PolariActivity

There's at least one Simon game recently written, see
https://github.com/sugarlabs/simulate-activity

Key to getting started is to get started.  It may be difficult or time
consuming the first time, but it gets easier.

There are loads of activities, but many of them don't work.  So you
can get started by trying each one.  That will also give you an idea
of what is available, and what isn't available yet.

Largest list of activities is activities.sugarlabs.org, with many of
them but not all in github.com/sugarlabs or elsewhere on github, or on
our old gitorious instance git.sugarlabs.org

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/