[Sugar-devel] Website Update for a/b testing

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 08:45:17 EST 2018

Regarding the website, I think that we two somewhat orthogonal hypotheses
to test: (1) is the content of the website a deterrent in getting and
holding people's attention? and (2) do the layout/navigation/graphic design
act as a deterrent in getting and holding people's attention? (I use
attention here as it is something roughly measurable in terms of time on
site, number of pages viewed, etc. while what really interests me is
whether or not people take action based on their interest (does the website
facilitate or deter action by our visitors).

As far as how to set up A/B testing to measure both 1 and 2 above, we can
make informed guesses as to what might be at issue in terms of content and
navigation and make one test subject or we can try to tease apart the two
factors. I suggest the former if only because we have limited time and
resources. Peace has been working on simplification (she has some good
reasoning behind most of the changes she is proposing) and I am happy to
work with Tony and the Marketing team on some new content ideas that better
reflect our relevance to would be Sugar adopters.

regards.

-walter

--
Walter Bender