[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOB] Motion regarding xo-computer icon

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Fri Sep 15 14:16:03 EDT 2017

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:12:28AM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
>Motion: To answer the questions posed by the SFC regarding the xo-computer
>icon as follows:
>(Q1) Why is the XO logo included in the sugar-artwork repo now -- and does
>the SLOBs want to keep it there?
>(A1) The xo-computer icon has been part of Sugar since we first designed
>and built Sugar (beginning in 2006) and we would like to keep it there
>until such time as the design team decides there is a reason to change it.
>(Q2) Assuming the SLOBs want to keep the XO logo in sugar-artwork: what
>outcome would the SLOBs *prefer* to see happen?  E.g.,
>- Does Sugar want downstream users to be able to redistribute and modify
>Sugar's codebase with or without the XO trademark file included in the
>program?
>- Does the SLOBs want downstream users to be able to modify and
>redistribute the XO trademark image itself, or is that less important to
>Sugar?
>(A2) Sugar Artwork, including the xo-computer icon, is currently licensed
>under the GPL and we would like our downstream users to be able to use all
>of our artwork under the terms of that license. As far as the use of any
>trademark image outside of the context of Sugar, we have no opinion.
[...]
>regards.
>
>-walter

I believe the motion has passed.  https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Decisions#2017-09-15

Martin

Motion 2017-09-15 "Motion regarding xo-computer icon"

Motion: http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2017-September/054648.html
Second: http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2017-September/054710.html

Votes and SLOB members (in order listed on
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board )

+1 Walter Bender     [1]
+1 Lionel Laské      [2]
+1 Sameer Verma      [3]