[Sugar-devel] ASLO activities with no repository

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon May 22 21:28:50 EDT 2017

"I am not in favor of creating repos from the bundles as the git history
is lost. "

The point is that these bundles do not have a repository and hence have
no git history.

'For example, when an activity is upgraded to GTK3, we add it to
GH/sugarlabs.'

Currently about half of the activities do not work independent of
upgrade to GTK3. Many of these non-working activities can be fixed with
minor changes.
To provide git history, the changes should be made through a git
repository.

So I can give priority to making repositories for those bundles with no
repository and which do not work. Then use git to make a history of the
changes required to get them working. This will require help from
someone who can update the activities directory in download.sugarlabs.org.

So my question to James. What harm is done by making a repository for an
activity where there is none?

Tony