[Sugar-devel] Sugar App Launcher

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sat May 20 01:12:21 EDT 2017

On 19/05/17 23:41, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Hi, Sebastian
>
> Applications installed in gnome can be executed in Sugar with from the
> command line: $gimp & (& optional since Terminal has tabs). A simple
> sugar activity wrapper can make a gimp activity. This enables the
> activity to appear in the Home View. Currently in Rwanda we are using
> GCompris installed in gnome and executed by a wrapper to good effect.
>
> Tony

Dear Tony,

While you seem to imply that we are in disagreement, in fact you are
precisely describing the /not ideal/ situation that I seek to improve.

Also, GNOME is just a Desktop Environment, one of many available. I
hadn't mentioned GNOME and don't plan to use it or support it. Currently
we use XFCE.

Regards,

Sebastian