[Sugar-devel] GSoC Localisation Task

Yatin Maan yatinmaan1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:10:14 EDT 2017

Hey,
I am Yatin Maan (IRC yatinmaan).
I am current studying Commuter Science at SRM University, India.
I am interested in the GSoC Task about easing the localisation workflow.
I know Python and JavaScript and understand how both Pootle and gettext
work.

I was writing a guide about using Virtaal for local translation but ran
into some issues:

Q. Where are the activities and their .po files located on the machine?
-I could find them in the development environment but I don't know how much
it differs from an actual install and I failed to find them on SoaS

Q. After translation how is the user expected to send the .po files
upstream ?

Q. Are keyboards on XO's "localised" ?
-ie Do they have the local script/alphabet on them?

Q. What else can I undertake to further increase suitablity for the task?

Regards,
Yatin Maan