[Sugar-devel] Outreachy - Going Beyond Equal Temperament in Music Blocks

Sachithra Dangalla sachithradangalla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:06:46 EDT 2017

Hi,

I went through some of the temperaments available in order to get an idea
about the types of temperaments that can be added to Music Blocks.
According to [1] the temperaments that could be added are:

   1. Equal temperament(default)
   2. Just intonation
   3. Pythagorean tuning
   4. Meantone temperament
   5. Well temperament

I would like to hear your suggestions to this list, whether to add more or
about the implementation order.

When implementing the temperaments, will they be added as blocks? Or will
it be a part of the settings?

[1] -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_tuning#Systems_for_the_twelve-note_chromatic_scale

*Sachithra Dangalla,*