[Sugar-devel] [Announcement] Sugarizer v0.8 is available for your device
lionel.laske at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:02:55 EST 2017
I'm proud to announce the eighth version (0.8) of Sugarizer, a taste of
Sugar for any device.
Main features in this new version:
- Speak activity: The famous Sugar Speak activity: anything you type
will be spoken aloud using the speech synthesizer.
- Moon activity: Another famous Sugar activity. A Moon phase viewer,
includes Lunar phase information and eclipse data.
- Video Viewer activity: A generic video viewer, explore a predefined
libraries (Khan Academy, Canopé) or import your own library and share it
with others in the Journal.
- Shared Notes activity: A shared board where you could stick Post-It
notes and share it in real time with others using presence.
- Updated Etoys activity: Latest version of Etoys is now included in the
- Windows 10: Sugarizer is now available in the Windows Store . So
if you've got a PC on Windows, Sugarizer is one click long from you.
- Performance improvement: script optimization and lazy loading of data
had dramatically improve performance in all activities.
- Better touch support: a new scrollable home view and a better handling
of long touch on touch screens of any size.
- Application size reduction: Sugarizer application size is now under
- Portuguese localization: a new language support for our friends from
Portugal and Brazil,
- SugarLabs inside: Sugarizer source code is now in SugarLabs repository
New in Sugarizer 0.8 for Android is "Sugarizer OS". Sugarizer OS is a way
to use Sugarizer as your Android Launcher on the device. So you could have
the same experience with Sugarizer on your tablet/smartphone that you've
got with Sugar on the XO laptop. More specifically, Sugarizer OS features
- Directly boot the device on Sugarizer home view (no more Android stuff)
- Full features and activities of Sugarizer (Sugarizer and Sugarizer OS
share the same code)
- Include both Sugarizer activities and Android applications in your
home view using favorites feature
- Launch Android applications from Sugarizer home view
- Journal will trace both Sugarizer and Android application launch
- Launch Android settings from the Sugarizer settings dialog
- Manage WiFi connection from the Sugarizer neighborhood view (like in
With Sugarizer OS, Sugar on Android is now a reality: enjoy the experience
and spread the world with Sugarizer !
Sugarizer 0.8 is available on: Windows Store , Google Play , Amazon
Store , Apple Store , Chrome Web Store  and F-droid .
Sugarizer OS for Android is available in beta here .
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Vishal
Batchu (Speak activity), Shirsh Zibbu (Moon activity), Bert Freudenberg
(Etoys activity), Jeremie Amsellem (Sugarizer OS), Michaël Ohayon
(Sugarizer OS), Afmachado (Portugueuse Translation), Naofum (Japanese
Translation), Christoph Derndorfer (German Translation), Piotr Antosz
(Polish Translation), Shubham Jaiswal (Arabic Translation), Samson Goddy
(Igbo Yoruba Translation), Tymon P.Radzik (TankOp localization), Matías
Martínez (Get Things Done, Chat Prototype and Markdown activity
localization) - 4 students from Google Summer of Code and 5 students from
Google Code In !
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel