[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Thu Jan 5 16:13:59 EST 2017

HI all! Hola a todos!

Walter,

It is very important to clarify, the proposed motion is:

*Motion 1 for January 2017's meeting:*

"To appoint volunteers Ignacio Rodriguez, Samson Goddoy and Laura Vargas as
the new elections and membership committee, with the purpose of debugging
current membership list and running the 2016's elections for the 3 seats at
the Board available for the 2016-2018 period and to appoint Dave Crossland
as an impartial election oversight party."

If motion passes we will be calling for additional candidates, according to
our time availability an to the proposed election schedule:

01 Additional candidates call and deadline: January 7 to January 21.

02 If by January 22 we have more than this 3 candidates, we will need to
have members list debugged by the 30th of January. If by January 22 we
don't have any additional candidates, we would have 3 candidates for the 3
board places and no election may be necessary.

03 Send ballots and run the elections for the period from February 1 to the
28th of 2017.

Thank you and I hope the blessings of the new year help us unite and move
forward!

Laura V

> We have our first Sugar Labs oversight board meeting of 2017 tomorrow
> (Friday, 6 January) at 19 UTC on irc.sugarlabs.org #sugar-meeting
>
> We have a motion to appoint new oversight board members: Samson Goddy,
> Laura Vargas, and Ignacio Rodriguez to the board.
>
> Happy New Year.
>
> Let's make 2017 a great year for Sugar.
>
> -walter
>
> --